Paint Shop Pro Verse Photo Shop......

Discussion in 'Software' started by vestalmiss, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vestalmiss

vestalmiss Private E-2

Any feelings on the subject......

I own, psp, because, it is cheaper.... ;)

I enjoy the program, the only problem I have is the fact that there are so few
    brushes....

What say you??

Ves

2. ruthlessrobbie

ruthlessrobbie Private E-2

photoshop 7.0

aussie

3. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I use PSP because I like to have enough money to eat. I also find the interface more intuitive than Photoshop's. If I were pro, however, I'd use Photoshop.

4. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I also use PSP7 because it's inexpensive, but I have Photoshop 6 ( nice Xmas gift a few years ago :) ) as well.

What version of PSP are you using? I know that alot of the Photoshop brushes will work in PSP7, not sure about newer versions though. :( To make them work in PSP7 all you have to do is change the tag from .abr to .jbr & most will work.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I have & do use PS ( versions 6, 7 and CS ) but I would go with PSP for the very reasons both Da Chicken and Abby gave you one its interface is alot less daunting that PS and the cost, especially for something you may not use enough to warrant spending $500+ on.

and as for add-ons as Abby said just google for free filters and you will find bucket loads of them, heres one to be going on with http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pluginsfiltersfree/

6. vestalmiss

vestalmiss Private E-2

Wow, ya'll I am glad to know I am not alone with my admiration of PSP. As for plug ins. I don't even know what one is...... :( I have PSP 9.

Yes, I am a dork.... :p well at least when it comes to computers.... ;)

Ves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds