Atheros AR9285

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Goobster, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Goobster

Goobster Private E-2

heyyo, i just bought this HP Compaq CQ31 Laptop and everything is working fine... exept when i try to connect to my wireless router.... it says there is a problem with the access point... so i am trying to find the drivers for it.... andbody know the drivers for Atheros 9285 on Windows 7?!?!?!?! PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. rogerc

rogerc Private E-2

I have had exactly the same today, Christmas Day, but with a Presario CQ61. Have you managed to get it solved yet and if so how ! Thanks, Roger C

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not come across a CQ31 but the CQ61 Windows 7 drivers are HERE (just need to choose if you have 32 or 64bit Windows 7) This driver may be newer than the original one on the PC as its from this month and does by all accounts fix a WiFI AP issue.

Also what Security application and Firewall are on the PC, are you using the one that came with the PC or installed a new one? do mention apps used in both scenarios, as it could be a firewall issue or if a new set of security apps are installed an issue with the original app not being fully uninstalled.

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Windows 7 has native drivers for the Atheros AR9285.

However if these drivers give you trouble download the Drivers package that is on HO support site and run the setup.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds