XP Mouse pointer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Brakk, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Brakk

Brakk Private E-2

I am running XP on an IBM NetVista (IBM831523U). The mouse I'm using is a Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse. The "problem" is that along with the normal pointer ( no matter which one is chosen ), another white arrow pointer with a flashing "CD" symbol appears over the plain pointer even though there is no disk activity. I have tried running only the XP mouse drivers and tried the Logitech drivers, this didn't have any effect. The drives work fine and are not running unless I use them. Annoying! :( Any help appreciated.

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Brakk, Something to consider while you are waiting for the XP experts to reply (I use 98).
    How about uninstalling and re-installing your mouse software.That might make a difference. Bazza

==========

3. Brakk

Brakk Private E-2

Thanks... I should have known that! :rolleyes: Did it and problem is gone!!! :D Thanks for the "nudge".

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Brakk, Hell, I beat the XP experts to the punch.:cool: How about that. :D Sometimes the most obvious solution is the most overlooked. Uninstall and re-install does wonders lots of time.
    Glad I could be of help. Bazza

========

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds