New Member !

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Renae, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Renae

Renae Private E-2

Hello All,

I was recently working on a new computer, and ran into some issues, so I was looking for some support. I found a bunch of forums out there, but I chose this one, well because I love vBulletin, and will choose a well laid out vB forum over any other!

My name is Renae, I'm 23 and live in Dayton, OH. I have a BS in computer engineering technology and electronic technology. I went to University of Dayton. Now I work for a defense contractor in Dayton, and am an electrical test engineer. It's really fun and I enjoy it a lot. I've been doing a lot of software work lately, writing test scripts in Python. Which I've actually enjoyed a lot, which is suprising because I always said I hated code!

I really love nature and the outdoors. So when I'm not stuck in my window-less office, I like to be outside. I like bowling, hiking, road biking, mountain biking, darts, canoeing...and occasionally electronics, computers and gaming. I do really like putting in dimmer switches for some odd reason. Hope to get to know you all better.

Renae

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Sweet ...welcome aboard ...another good mind to help us explore the cybermystique:) :) :)

3. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Yeah! Welcome Renae. :) And that is certainly an interesting list of hobbies that you have - you must be almost as busy in your free time as when you're at work. :eek:

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Steve

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi Renea and welcome. :)

Be careful telling people you're a girl, it's been a long time since some of us have seen or spoken to one. :)

6. Renae

Renae Private E-2

Eh, i'm used to it. I'm an engineer. I work with only males!

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Renae :)

Ohhh that gotta suck bad a window-less office... I would go postal without a window or two, not that my view from work is good.. ended up with office on wrong side of building with a view of part of hospital a catherderal and University... the other side would have been an ocean view.. well mouth of river and port

8. Renae

Renae Private E-2

Not only a window-less office....BUT!! Right now I'm in the lab which is cold enough to hang meat in...and since it's a classified environment....there's no windows here either. And in my office (though it is quite homey in there) is right below the kitchen upstairs. And I think its either the ice maker or the coffee machine...but every 20-30 minutes...I hear this peeing sound. No joke, it literally sounds like sombody is peeing in my office...but I'm kinda learned to tune it out now.

9. Insomniac

That makes sense.

You did say you worked with males. :D

10. Renae

Renae Private E-2

I would hope I would realize that somebody was "watering my plants" if that were what was actually happening.

11. DavidGP

Not nice.... my office can get cold, not enought to hang meat in tho, but gets cold when the wind howls off the sea, equally it can be hotter than Hades... only weird bit is I pass Bio-Hazzard and Laser warning signs each day! wondered why no-one likes to visit, but at least I have a peaceful day :)

The peeing sound would make me want to go all the time.... couldnt cross my legs that long!

12. Ruthless

Ruthless Private E-2

Hi there all,
    I'm a new member but still havent worked out how to write a message to this forum :) Hope this one works. Could anyone tell me what a DAT file is please please please.
    Thank you

13. DavidGP

Hi Ruthless, I think you did fine in posting a message, but to start one of your own please follow this http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31333 it will help put you on the right track.

As to a DAT, if in the PC term DAT, they refer to AntiVirus software updates to the Virus Database files, basically they add protection and search markers for identifying the latest viruses/malware and removal procedures.

14. Insomniac

A dat file can be anything, text, binary, graphic etc.

It depends on the parent program. A lot of programs, including Windows use dat files.

Most can be read using a text editor, like NotePad.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds