windows 7 says my password is incorrect

Discussion in 'Software' started by texasharper, Apr 2, 2011.

1. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

My moms laptop ( Toshiba running Windows 7) keeps saying password is incorrect.

She says she was on Southwest Airlines when she was last on it, then circumstances prevented her from using her computer for a month. I picked up her computer for her today, it had a black screen so I just shut the lid and brought it to her. Upon opening, it went to SW Airlines, she asked me to get her on my network. When I went to get her in my my network her screen showed her desktop. I got her on and walked away. When she got back to her computer the screen was black again. She booted up and it said her name and that she was logged on but it required a password and she put everything she can think of and no go. Also, 25% of the time when she hits enter it will say welcome for about 45 seconds then come up with incorrect password!!!!

Any bidea why she cant log on?? Was it because the battery died and it powered down incorrectly??

HELP!!! She needs her computer for business....her livelyhood depends on it.

Thanks all.

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Although she may already know this, remind her that the password for Windows is CAsE sEnsiTIVe.

If the password is "Mom", "MOM" or "mom" won't work.

Hope this solves the problem. :)

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    In SAFEMODE (tapping f8 at boot) you can delete all the user passwords..
    Start> Control Panal> User Accounts> click on the account that is password protected and click remove password. Re-start windows in normal mode and you will enter windows without been asked for password.Once you have access to her machine I would run malware/virus removal tools as sometimes these can effect and cause user log in issues.

iain.t :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds