Problem renewing IP address

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fayezy, May 26, 2008.

1. fayezy

fayezy Private E-2

have PC with a modem and Belkin router which also has my laptop connected. My router was connecting to both my PC and Laptop but no internet connection. I found out it was a service problem which has now been resolved and my Laptop is working but my PC cannot connect saying that there is limited or no connectivity- after trying to unplug/ re plug in my modem while switching my PC off I then tried repair a bunch of times and also IPconfig procedure but it is still saying "this problem occurred because the network did not assign a network address to the computer. Can someone help me sort this out as I have no ideda when it comes to networks?

Thanks
    Faye

2. fayezy

fayezy Private E-2

sorry im not too good with networking, how do i check that? thanks for the reply

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Restart the router and modem. If that does not help, then you will need to access the router as TxTazDad said.

To access the router, on a computer pluged directly into the router, open a browser and enter the routers IP. I think it is 192.168.2.1 for Belkin.

E

Last edited: May 26, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds