Re: New Geek is here!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by melen001, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melen001

melen001 Private E-2

Been trying to email this to MajorGeeks but not able so I will post it here in hopes that you guys will read it.....

Hi...

I would like to know, why have I been banned from posting comments? Please would like to know if I have said anything insulting or offensive I would like to know. I hope you will understand that English is my second language and it is important for me to know what I have said that caused me from being banned. I enjoy MajorGeeks and visit the site on a daily bases (first thing I do every day) and don’t want to be left out from a great site. If I have stated anything that you consider offensive or inappropriate, please accept my apologies. It wasn’t meant that way. Hope to hear from you soon,

George Melendez

My users name for MajorGeeks is ... melen001

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi. I'm not sure why you think you are banned, but you are not. If you were, you wouldn't be able to post.

If you are talking about a post of yours that was deleted, it was deleted because one of our malware experts was helping the person and we also do not like people coming on to major geeks and linking to outside sites.

Other than that, you were not banned.

3. melen001

melen001 Private E-2

As you can see "Banned"..... how do I fix this issue

Attached Files:

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Number one...you say that English is not your first language, but I'm pretty sure that this is universal. Its extremely rude to post large font bold letters when you are asking us a question. So please do not do it again.

Number two...you came on to this forum asking why you were banned. Next time be clear that you were Not talking about the forum, which you are not banned from.

Number three...this forum has nothing to do with the comments part of our main software page. If you were, in fact, blocked, then it was done by the owner of the site, who most likely has a good reason for doing so.

I will try to find that out for you.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Not sure. Can't find your comments or name in banning. Commenting on Mg is a privilege. We delete nasty comments and false statement, which your's is so out there, I am not surprised that it was deleted. I will look more later to see if I can unblock you, but so far, can't find you.

6. melen001

melen001 Private E-2

Hi.....

Sorry about the bold letters..... not intended to hurt anyone.....

7. melen001

melen001 Private E-2

Hello Major Attitude...

Thank you for your help and please excuse the bold letters I posted awhile back. SORRY..... I hope that you can lending me a helping hand and finding out why I have been banned. From what I know it is in Discus and my name is George Melendez Correa.... Thanks for your help...

George

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI George

Can you post or comment on any other site that uses Discus?

As mentioned you are not banned here, site wise.

9. melen001

melen001 Private E-2

Hi...
    I am still banned and not by Discus but by MajorGeeks. I post by melen001 on Majorgeeks and my real names is George Melendez. Please help me out with this issue. The first thing I do in the morning is log on to Majorgeeks and I really miss posting my comments. Thanks again. If you want to contact me directly this is my email: melen001@hotmail.com

Again, thank you,

George Melendez

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi George

As far as I know you are not banned on this Majorgeeks forum as you would not be able to post our comments, as for Disqus, then that's a matter for that social media, and I do not know why you have a banned account, for us on the forum at Majorgeeks, you are fine as we have no issues.

I think you need to deal with Disqus in this matter.

11. melen001

melen001 Private E-2

Thanks for a quick reply...

I have contacted Disqus and they have informed me that it is an issue with Majorgeeks. As posting with other sites that using Disqus i am able to post with no problems. If it's not a problem with you, can you contact Disqus and see what is going on? I am in no hurry so i would appreciate you inquiring on this issue.

Thanks

George Melendez

12. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

If you're banned form Disqus, which is pretty rare, then you did something to deserve it. Try logging in with Facebook but if I ban someone, I don't look back.

End of discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds