Access Denied to Documents in Vista

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stik62, May 2, 2007.

1. Stik62

Stik62 Private E-2

I have recently set up a Vista Ultimate machine on my home network with a domain controller (DC = server 2003 enterprise) This is my first experience with Vista. I can open the Documents folder but when I try to open the folders/files in the Documents folder i get "Access Denied". File Sharing Wizard is off and I have been redirecting My Documents to a network share when using XP. I have read that Vista has restructured/renamed directories and this causes issues with access to My Documents when using Vista if they are created with XP. I have not been able to find anything that is very clear on the fix (except for manual owner ship changes on each folder that i tried and didnt work). I cant believe that client/server networks that are migrating Vista in are having to correct this on a per folder basis (lots of work!). So my questions are 1. can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this? 2. what is the impact on users that logon to both Vista and XP machines? Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds