Unable to "Copy Image" ...

Discussion in 'Software' started by grc123, Jun 7, 2008.

1. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

... Vista Home Basic, running FF 2.0.0.14, and unable to "Copy Image" after right-clicking on the image and selecting "Copy Image". Any clues??

Thanks in advance,
    g ...

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What application are you pasting the image into? for a simple test just right click your avatar and choose "copy image" then open up Paint and click Edit > Paste ..... does this paste the image ok?

Please list any error messages.

Workaround is save the image to your PC then use insert in the application your wanting to paste the images into.

I'm testing FF3 so cannot check options as to why it doesnt work as right click copy and paste is fine for me in Vista, not always I would suggest this as FF3 is in beta, but its more stable in Vista than FF2 so maybe worth a try, major warning is if you love add-ons many wont work in this version yet.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You' do better selecting "save image as", giving it a name and a location. I use this at least once a day.

4. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Well gang, first, thanks for the replies.

1. I don't have MS Paint (though I probably have something else similar to it in this machine - somewhere?!?

2. I was trying to copy an image to use as an avatar on another site (not a "geek" site). I have "saved" the image (it saved as an ".gif").

3. I'll let you know of my "progress" (if THAT is what it's called?!?) - I'm having some other issues - trying to do TOO MANY things at one time (as usual) ... I think a new FF add-on (or three) is causing problems. When/if I narrow it down (KILL IT!!!) I'll then perhaps be able to move forward ...

Thanks again,
    g ...

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi grc

1. Paint comes as standard in all Vista versions, just type Paint in the start search box. Or any graphic imaging software will do, even MS Word, just to test right click Copy from FF and Paste into a document is working.

2. Save is better if your not using the image in a document, to upload it as an avatar on another site then it would have to be in an image file as copy will only place the image in the clipboard for pasting only, .gif is also ok format for many forums. So as you already have saved the image thats your fix.

3. Run FF in its Safe Mode and if ok then yes indeed its an add-on issue, so disable all in Firefox normal mode and enable one at a time to find the culprit.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds