Cannot access free.fr sites????

Discussion in 'Software' started by Samantha MAS, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Samantha MAS

Samantha MAS Private E-2

Not sure if this is where I should post, but I hope I got it right. For some reason I can no longer access any website ending in free.fr....which I was always able to access before.

I have been doing this for days. I checked my host file....nothing. I checked my security settings....nothing. I even checked the ping which did say package lost. The last step I took was temporarily removing all anti-spyware, firewall, anything that may have blocked these sites from my computer.....still nothing. I have googled this to no end, and have tried every solution I could find, but still nothing. Can somebody PLEASE help me, because I am fresh out of solutions [​IMG]

Thanks A Bunch :)

2. Samantha MAS

Samantha MAS Private E-2

Nobody has any ideas? :confused:

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Have you deleted your cookies and temp internet cache?

also a possible could be flush the DNS cache and to do this goto command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns as its possible the DNScache is holding anegative entry which could give you a page cannot be found DNS error.

or check your ISP to see if they are blocking that domain for any reason.

4. Samantha MAS

Samantha MAS Private E-2

OMG!!! You did it!! It was the dns flush that fixed it!! :) This must have been the 100th suggestion, and I gotta tell ya....I didn't have much hope...but YOU DID IT!!!

Thank You, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds