Multiple emails from one sender

Discussion in 'Software' started by el_lobo, Dec 16, 2006.

1. el_lobo

el_lobo Private E-2

Multiple emails from one sender

Hi All;

I have three networked computers (2 desktops & a laptop), all Dell, running XP Pro, configured with the same a/v & firewall, and all using Office 2003 Outlook for email. One desktop receives three copies of every email from one particular sender (every time).

This does not happen when her email is received on either of the other pc’s using the same account. It also doesn’t happen when her email is received on the offending pc when using Thunderbird instead of Outlook.

This pc is scanned nightly (no problems reported) w/Bit-Defender, flushed regularly w/CCleaner and checked often for spyware/maleware by AdAware.

She reports that even though I am the only one reporting this problem, she has had her system checked and can find no problem with it. I have tried everything I can think of and now appeal to the Geeks for help.

Any assistance is highly valued and appreciated.

Thanks,

Lobo

2. el_lobo

el_lobo Private E-2

3. el_lobo

el_lobo Private E-2

Problem Solved The sender’s address was included in the rules to move all mail from her to another folder. Somehow her name was inadvertently added three times. Two of the added times were included with another person’s address, so her additional address didn’t show at first glance.
    This problem was driving me nuts; as she sends large mailings that when tripled overfilled my inbox and caused mail to be rejected. (That’s why her name was added to “move all mail received from this sender to the _____ folder”).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds