Vista home

Discussion in 'Software' started by bocaj, May 4, 2007.

1. bocaj

bocaj Private First Class

I ordered a laptop recently and it's going to have Vista on it.
    It's just for basic surfing and word documents.
    My question is this, I remember reading about the EULA of Vista and also the big stink about the fact that Vista when it connects to Microsoft's servers will report what programs you have on the computer and they (Microsoft) can remove it without your knowledge and permission. Is this true? Any way(s) to prevent this.

Also, more importantly, does anyone like Vista?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

No microsoft has no ability to remove software from your computer.

3. YooperLady

YooperLady Private First Class

I like Vista. I have run about every Microsoft Opperating system, and Vista is GREAT! Alot of people have said that it is buggy, but I don't find that true at all. I have the Vista Home Premium and it runs very well. Just my 2 cents worth.

4. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

don't worry about it. TRUST ME. M$ Doesn't check keys, when they do updates, except for the o/s, don't worry about the rest.;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds