My new case

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Major Issues, May 27, 2005.

1. Major Issues

Major Issues MG Graphics Geek

so since my last case was starting to literally short out my pc
    (restarted once and it said my radeon wasnt plugged in, checked the wiring and it was birned at the pins)
    i figured it was about time to get something a little better
    heres the link to pics..

http://wow.ddz.net/rig.gif

i also tossed in a pic of me in daytona beach at bike week 2005
    just cuz it fit in the last space :)

the case is steel inside, all quick clips, a TON of room, premolded risers for the motherboard on the inside panel, air flow shoots in and goes directly out, i smoke tested it...

the side hole has an inside cone that has an adjustable inner tube so it can direct airflow directly into the cpu fan

overall my system runs about 10 degrees cooler than my previous case, and the best part is, its REAL quiet

one fan sucks into the air vents in the front... the 120mm fan in the rear blows it all right out..

the little knob on the side panel is a quick release to open the side cover for access inside...

and the front vents have white led's (the thin plastic panels inside the vents) that light up (which causes the inner area of the vents to glow) as does the power switch light up..

the front cover has a push release/clamp and is spring loaded, and it has a very nice metallic flake paint job (3 colors red green blue, i preferred the blue since the green was actually lime, or i woulda slobbered MG stickers on it by now :cool: )

its a bit pricey, but i thought it was about time i had a case that i would keep for a few years and it not actually be a bland eyesore..

:)

-Major Issues

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Sexy looking case you got there MI...I love the casing cover to the drive compartment.

Now..the Daytona Beach bike pics....got anymore? That looks so cool :)

3. Major Issues

i got a ton of bike weeks pics... i should put them somewhere i guess, ill see what i can do :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

was reading a review of that case last week.... looks pretty neato :)

Colour is perfect, kinda wished my car was that colour rather than the met black.

5. Major Issues

yeah the reviews i read were mixed, but they were all pretty solid on one aspect of the case, its LARGE.
    The paint job is suprisingly nice and uniform, no discoloration from panel to panel, it just seems a little odd, my girlfriend came downstairs and caught me cleaning my case with a car buff cloth :)

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

My Shogun was that color....it is so cool :)

And I'm betting the only other thing she ever caught you cleaning was the bike??? ;)

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

I'm not to fond of the case. To gaudy...fat...something....

Now that bike on the otherhand, I do like. Need to get one sometime...

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Seen these on tottenem court road... many times, most of them bright red though! :eek: I have to say I would quite like one of them myself, they seem like a good LANning case too (they look sturdy).

You need to get some custom decals on there though ;)

9. MetalNight

MetalNight Private First Class

what brand is it? na dhow much did it set you back

10. Major Issues

asus vento 3600
    $ 130 bucks

11. MetalNight

MetalNight Private First Class

i want one gimme

12. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

véry nice case man :cool:
    I want one too :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds