Boot Manager Setup

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ewen, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Ewen

Ewen Corporal

I have Win98 on C:\ (Drive One, master) and XP on D:\(Drive two, slave) this is also partitioned D,E,F.

I am aware of the dual boot method of installing 98 first and XP second so that the boot options are automatically installed but 98 is installed on a spare drive which I use occasionally when I want to play games and which I substitute as I require it. This means that when i boot using 98 I don't have the option of selecting XP as sometimes I would like to.

I found XOSL on this site and osl2000 on another and they are both seemingly excellent managers with the option to uninstall.

I have tried both but they both refuse to load XP altough they both see the sytem on 'HardDrive 2" in the startup menu. It appears that the boot menu on XP (I hope I know what I'm talking about here) is stored on a different part of the XP system and cannot be accessed.

Is there anyway to overcome this without re-installing XP (which I don't want to do).

XP is still accessable to me when I substitute the master drive containing ME which has the dual boot menu on it.

2. ElllisD

ElllisD Private E-2

osl2000 killed my os

i cant get my os to boot, either- osl2000 support will eventually get back to me after 3 business days, and after the 3 day weekend here, but until then im on my own....i have a disk read error each time i try to boot my os, and the other had to install some new hardware all of a sudden, i dont know what to do....im screwed all weekend if i dont find a fix here....any ideas anyone...this sucks..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds