Keep Driver From Updating?

Discussion in 'Software' started by indyattic, Oct 26, 2014.

1. indyattic

indyattic Corporal

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55t-A### laptop with Windows 8.1. Something inside it is automatically updating my drivers. Unfortunately my system seems to be incompatible with the latest Synaptics drivers, and I frequently have to go in and roll back my driver.

Where can I find the settings that will turn off the autoupdates?

I also have Iobit freeware installed - I suppose that could be doing it?

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

If it's Iobit's Driver Booster, it could be. You should be able to get Iobit to ignore individual drivers.

3. indyattic

indyattic Corporal

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have that installed.

Sigh. I have to roll back the driver every single time I restart the computer now.

4. indyattic

indyattic Corporal

Bumping this with a Note To Self". At some other site I found a way to prevent the driver from updating, but I wasn't smart enough to update my own thread with the solution. Recently I had to run Tweaking.com to fix an audio driver, and now I am back to rolling back my touchpad driver every time I restart my machine.

This solution, the most obvious, does not work:
    Dear Self: I think the only way to keep Windows from updating the driver is to uninstall the driver, then "Check For Windows Updates" then "Hide" the Synaptics driver update.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds