problems with booting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcd1006, Mar 16, 2007.

1. jcd1006

jcd1006 Private E-2

My computer was working fine and then a message popped up saying that it needed to be restarted. Shuts down, starts to power up and then it goes to a screen saying there was a problem with the last boot select an option safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, or normal. No matter what i select it will restart and go back to the same screen. any idea what it might be? running around 40C and the HdD is recognized.

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Try posting again in the software forum.... I think your Windows is messed up. Press 'F8' repeatedly after powering up to get to an options screen. Highlight 'Disable automatic restart....'. Now you'll be able to see any 'blue screen' errors and the associated error codes if they occur... let us know what happens. Ask the Major Geeks admin to move your thread to the Software forum.

hopperdave2000

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds