No sound.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DraX696, Sep 23, 2011.

1. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

ASRock 939N68PV-GLAN
    Realtek HD Onboard Audio
    I really don't know what to do, I tried alot of things, and still it doesn't work.
    I tried to reinstall system (twice). Tried to reinstall drivers. And still I don't know what else I could do. Yes I have enabled it in BIOS.
    Any ideas why it could stop working like that? Everything else works perfectly fine, just this sound. Arghhh.

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Welcome , do you have any yellow question mark in Device Manager ?

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Welcome , do you have any yellow question mark in Device Manager ? :confused

4. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

No I don't have any yellow question marks in device manager. Also it appears that I don't even have Realtek device listed on this list :confused

5. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

Have you tried the hardware wizard?

You could try to disable the device in BIOS, boot windows, then enable and boot windows and see if that picks it up?

Try a hardware detection program and see if that picks up any abnormal changes/issues

6. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

How I can get to hardware wizard? And tried this one with BIOS (disabling and enabling)

7. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

Control panel usually. What OS are you on?

8. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

9. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

To open the Add Hardware Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Printers and Other Hardware. Under See Also, click Add Hardware.

Have you tried a hardware program? I'll have look and post a link for you.

10. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

I can give you screenshots from CPU-Z, just tell me which sections you need.

11. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

CPU-Z wont give the info needed. Try going into device manager and clicking view > resources by type have a look through the lists and see if anything relates to your audio device.

The programs ive been looking at just collect this info so i dont think many will be a of use.

If windows can't find the device through searching, it can't see any resources used for the device and you are unable to see any reference to it at all in windows then i'm struggling to conclude anything else but its physically failed in some way as you've fully reinstalled more than once!

I'm sorry but im reaching the boundaries of my skills here!

12. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

Just to add you are able to buy usb sound dongles for just a few bucks/quid as a temp soloution if you wish to keep investigating in the mean time?

13. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

Yeah, in the resources (device manager) there is no single thing about realtek/audio whatever. Alot of [numbers-numbers] Mainboard resources.
    Oh damn I found something, but that is not what we are looking for I think.
    (PCI)23 Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.
    I've installed it today.

14. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

I don't quite understand this word, as I never heard it. Could you possibly give me some site that I could see what is this, and how does it work?

15. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

16. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

So you basically plug this into usb port, and plug speakers/headphones/mic to this? Will it work? Because I don't know what happened with my onboard audio... It was working yesterday.

17. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

Ok, I'm going to shop to check if they have this, if they won't, I'll buy it on site similar to eBay. I will have to wait for it with the second option though. Anyways, thanks for your help! You are awesome.

18. VoiD

VoiD Corporal

Yeah you got it...

The problems your having appears to be with the actual sound device. You have reinstalled windows twice so that would rule out a software issue as you have had no change in the symtoms. Unless your USB is not working either then the dongle wont work.

If your in any doubts then either wait here for more advice or take the PC to a qualified repair center but PERSONALLY i think they will just tell you the onboard sound has gone kaput.

Im afraid im out of ideas to try! :(

19. DraX696

DraX696 Private E-2

Yeah first shop - not found.
    Two shops left. USB is working perfectly fine, so I guess this will be ok. Also I will be getting new computer soon, so new sound card is not worth it I guess

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds