Realtek high definition audio driver no audio output device is installed

Discussion in 'Software' started by totoraven, Jun 2, 2013.

1. totoraven

totoraven Private E-2

Hello I am not great with computers especially deep things so please explain slowly.

I have a toshiba satelite A500 computer with realtek audio drivers installed
    the sound is working fine three years later after I got the computer
    my computer had a problem with the fan so my computer keeps overheating
    changed the fan but after shutting down and turning it on the sound has a red X next to it troubleshooter is useless because it could not find the problem

(what is displayed in device manager.)

Realtek High Definition Audio with an exclamation point it keeps saying this device cannot be started. code 10.
    how do you fix this thing without restoring?

things I tried
    -Going to realtek website to download drivers it works but then it would be X again when I do a reboot then it does the code 10 thing
    -Installing the drivers in safe mode does the code 10 thing too
    -Restoring to an earlier time before the fan problem started
    still no sound

so I guess the fan product is to blame...
    If you know a thread with this problem but has been fixed please tell me
    the link

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you let us know the exact Toshiba A500 you have as there are various models that have various hardware and software drivers?

eg. A500-17X

as its likely that you may need to re-install the Chipset driver and reboot then the audio driver and from Toshiba's website driver support area only, not a unified driver from realtek as at times OEMs like Toshiba will custom spec hardware and drivers from realtek and while it may state in your device manager or specs that a realtek hardware is for audio, it will not be a consumer one.

The fan you changed was which one? (CPU or case)
    What Windows version and Service Pack are you using and are they fully upto date?

3. totoraven

totoraven Private E-2

I have a Toshiba satelite A500-175

Windows 7 starter edition and its up to date

Cpu fan got changed

Ok so I managed to download the audio driver from the toshiba site but whenever I try to install it, I get the BSOD

4. totoraven

totoraven Private E-2

toshiba model was Satellite P755-S5383
    didnt notice a big mistake there

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Cheers for the model variant, helps narrow the driver lists down a lot.

Do uninstall any audio drivers already downloaded and installed, look in Add/Remove for Realtek Multimedia/Audio etc and uninstall, also check Device Manager for any left over Realtek Audio drivers and uninstall.

Run CCleaner and its cleaner and then the registry cleaner and run the registry one until no items are shown. Then Reboot

Then install the Chipset driver from HERE and reboot, then install the Audio driver from HERE, reboot and test audio.

6. totoraven

totoraven Private E-2

Thanks! It worked

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds