Unusual Network Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BubbleBlower, Jun 20, 2004.

1. BubbleBlower

BubbleBlower Private E-2

Hi guys

I have a daisy chained network at home as follows:-

PC1 connects to PC2 via X-over
    PC2 and connects to PC3 via X-over
    PC3 connects to PC4 via X-over

PC2 and PC3 have bridges to connect the network.

PC2 has ICS.

I know that this is not the most efficient way of setting up the network but it is the best due to the pc locations, and worked fine until I upgraded PC2. Since then 2,3 and 4 are all happily communicating but none can connect to PC1. PC1 cannot see any of the others either.

I have tried pinging but nothing, I swapped the cables on PC2 around in case it was a dodgy nic but still the same result - only 3 in network. I also changed the cable from 1 to 2 in case I damaged it. Still the same.

Anybody have any ideas why this pc, which has had nothing altered on it can not see the others?

Thanks in advance.

2. BubbleBlower

BubbleBlower Private E-2

Looks like I am not the only one stumped by this then lol.

I decided to remove and reinstall all of the Nics on PCs 1&2 and have had partial success. The machines now talk to each other and can ping quite happily but the client machine still cannot access the internet.

Any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds