I have an online stalker

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chiquita, Dec 29, 2004.

1. chiquita

chiquita Private E-2

Can anyone please give me some advice? I have AOL Instant Messenger and someone keeps IMing me from an alias name. I think it might be my ex but I want to know for sure so I can put a restraint against him.

Is there any way of knowing who the screen name belongs to or what their real name is or any info that might help me out? The screen name is "LOVE NINA C" at AIM.

THAN YOU!
    Chiquita

2. ThisChick

ThisChick Corporal

well if I was you, I would just get a new screen name, and contact all that AIM you through AIM and give them your new screen name, or you could try to ignore them....but I know he or she might even open a new one...sorry if it doesn't help but I tryied..

3. Learning As I Go

Learning As I Go Sergeant

My daughter frequently "blocks" people from her IM list. We have AOL (for now ;) ), and she gets tired of people she doesn't know bothering her - so, try repeatedly blocking this person (assuming they change names after the initial block). Eventually, they should get tired of constantly changing names just to pester someone.

Good luck,

LAIGo

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Besides blocking this person, please report them to aol. Also, if you don't think that will help, go into your privacy settings and set it so that only those who are on your buddy list can IM you.

5. mew2

mew2 Sergeant Major

if you are aol and have problems with a person, make sure you copy and paste any offendind communications.(save them on your hard drive for your protection) also, you must tell them in an IM or email to leave you alone. if they persist then you have legal avenues you can use and aol should back you up! (we had a problem with someone from aol on my forum)

6. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

also, if you feel it gets more serious, please go to your local police station and get some additional help. because if you feel thsi person can harm you, then it needs to be taken care of.

7. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Not only that but the newest version of aim has an invisble feature so that you appear offline to everyone but people you choose to contact

8. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT Private First Class

Choose the "only allow those on my buddy list" option.

My .02

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds