Universal Plug and Play Device Host? Error 1068

Discussion in 'Software' started by akadatboy, Sep 6, 2006.

1. akadatboy

akadatboy Private E-2

I get that message in Start>Run services.msc
    :(
    Anyone here gotten this message before?

I tried to call microsoft for some tech support and they wanted 35 bucks!!!!

Someone please help!!!

2. erikske

erikske Sergeant

Check if the SSDP Discovery Service is running (listed somewhere among the services). It should be turned on for Universal Plug and Play to work.

3. tarabryan

tarabryan Private E-2

;)) Great call on starting the SSDP. Perfect fix.
    I too talked with Microsoft, although they did not want to charge me anything, the 2 different techs missed that one...they had no idea why the universal would not start and why I kept getting the 1068 error....So thanks a ton ....

4. tarabryan

tarabryan Private E-2

This was my problem....2 different microsoft techs that tried to help me with this problem did NOT suggest any fix even remotley close to this....it took 12 seconds...I wasted 3 days with microsoft , emails back and forth....Thanks a ton:)

5. tarabryan

tarabryan Private E-2

Check if the SSDP Discovery Service is running (listed somewhere among the services). It should be turned on for Universal Plug and Play to work

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds