Speakers keep POPPING!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EXOX3, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXOX3

EXOX3 Staff Sergeant

Hi Guys,

I have a set of Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers and basically whenever a light gets turned on/off theirs a pop for each, or if the fridge kicks into a mode, pop, or if the fridge door gets opened, pop.

Its really starting to peeve me off, becuase I just had a fair bit of trouble with my computer, and today having the motherboard replaced and tommorow having the memory replaced also, but it seems like the poping from the speakers is getting more frequent, and is happening when nothing is getting turned on/off, opened/closed, etc

Any idea's on what causes this, my PC does not have to be on for the popping to have from memory, I 'Think' it's also done it when the systems off but I`ve forgot to push the power button on the speakers.

Surely their is a resolution to this problem, does it damage the speakers, or my system.

To me it suggests a power spike that the speakers pickup, causing the pop, but thats a rough guess and I have no idea what I`m talking about, I have no experience or technical know-how in this criteria.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I`ve gone over to logitechs site but for this problem, their is no specific answers, or any sort of answer/question relating to this.

Does it happen to anyone else with a diffrent speaker system?

System:
    P4 3066Mhz
    SiS 661FX Chipset Using Realtek AC'97 Onboard Audio Controller

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Sounds to me that you've got them connected incorrectly! The house's (ie when the fridge kicks on) current should NOT be routed through the line out! Verify that the Speakers themselves are in the correct number of channels, connected to the correct ports, and sound and audio devices in control panel is configured for the setup.

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I can tell when my cell phone is going to ring, about 3 seconds before it rings my speakers will rumble, pc on,but speakers turned off?????. ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds