Shared printer connected to pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hacked, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Hacked

Hacked Private First Class

OopS! Did I say shared, well that is what I am trying to accomplish,share a printer connected to another pc. The problem is I cannot access the pc where the printer is connected. The pc is on the network and the printer functions from the pc(USB port). I don't know if this has any bearing on the situation but the pc the printer is connected to is a 64 bit Windows OS and the others are 32 bit Windows OS. When I try to access the pc it ask for a password and I have know idea what it could be; I have removed all passwords from the user accounts and it still responds the same. :confused

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Do this on the computer that has the printer attached to it:
    Open Control Panel then Printers and Other Hardware, and lastly click Printers and Faxes.
    In the Printers and Faxes folder, click the printer's icon and, in the tasks pane, click Share This Printer.
    Open the printer's Properties dialog box, and click on the Sharing tab.
    Click Share Name, and then clicked OK.

Do this on all the other computers:
    Open Control Panel, and click Printers and Other Hardware then click Add a Printer.
    Instead of adding a local printer, though, click Printer Connection and then browse the network for the printer.

Here's also a troubleshooting page you can read over and make sure you have everything covered.
    http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsnetworking/tp/winfilesharing.htm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds