KIndle

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Dec 27, 2011.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Is it possible to have both Norton and a belkin router and set up a kindle?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Peter

I dont see why not, are you having issues connecting to your WiFi? if so what are they, if you get any errors then let us know. As you have mentioned Norton, is the issue with the Kindle PC software?

Is this a Kindle Fire or the normal Kindle?

Could disable Norton to test that its allowing the software past its firewall and also check the firewall (exceptions or applications) options to make sure the Kindle software is not blocked.

Help Topics and FAQ 8?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200487800"]HERE
    a reminder of the link for me as well[/SIZE]

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Happy to see you, D. as I was about to return the gift.
    1-It is the regular Kindle
    2-I tried last night and the kindle changed my router settings according to Belkin. I could not log in to the router and had to reset it. No more login password for me.
    3-I tried pressing the ?WPA button which did not work. I think that only disables the router.
    4-I am trying to do this w/o sacrificing security.
    5-Yes, the trouble is connection .
    6-I press "hide" but when I try to enter the router's key, I see the characters.
    I tried show but got the same result.
    7-the error message is that there is no connection.
    8-I asume I should be entering the router's security key, correct?
    9- I can disable Norton(see my post regarding having to disable it for dskchk,sfc and system restore.) But don't know how to handle the router -Belkin so it does not interfere..
    10 - I don't want to get a virus just to get a book.;)
    I'll keep trying and look forward to a reply.

4. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I tried disabling all of Norton and pressing the WPS ? button but there was no connection.
    The trouble appears to be Belkin.
    To establish a homegroup, I actually have to connect an ethernet cable from the pc to the router once, then I can run it wirelessly.
    Belkin is tough.
    I am leery of entering characters for my router in the Kindle while they are visible.The option to hide them seems not to work.
    Occasionally it wil display an asterisk rather than a character but mostly characters.

5. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

I worked around the visible characters and finally succeded. I am sorry to wasted time. i did try hard before posting.
    Have a blessed New Year.
    Peter

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Peter

Not wasted anyone's time, glad you managed to find the fix yourself.

Good new year to you and S

7. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Thanx so much D. and we hope you have a gr 8 t N.Y.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds