WinUtilities v7 & 8

Discussion in 'Software' started by rodell, Sep 18, 2009.

1. rodell

rodell Private First Class

Am on Vista Ultimate, SP1; IE8.

Many unsuccessful efforts to upate from v7 to 8. When installing there are several "error opening file for writing..." followed by specifics.
    All include "ignore" which I click. But at the end what remains as preventin.g use of WinUtilities is "MISSING DLL FILES"
    No idea which, much less how to get them.

Of course have repeatedly emailed their Support. Over the past month none of the half-dozen have been answered.

What really hurts is in trying for the update I've lost the version I had.
    There were some problems at some parts of it, such as inability to erase DUPLICATES after it had scanned and found lots of them.
    Still it was very useful in many ways and I wish I could retrieve it.

Will much appreciate help from you more experienced, tech savvy members.

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Hi rodel, have not used Winutilities. I think this is a paid for utility. Not receiving support for a paid software would be distressing.

Have you tried to uninstall, reinstall and update.

I'll post a screenie of what it offers. Can you tell us what apps you like to use.
    MG's has just about all covered with free and tested utilities :)

Cheers..

Attached Files:

• WU8.jpg
      WU8.jpg
      File size:
      33.5 KB
      Views:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds