HP Touchsmart IQ820sc Windows XP drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Willhouse84, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Willhouse84

Willhouse84 Private E-2

Hello everyone. A few days ago got bitten by a "retro" fly and installed a dual-boot system (windows xp Home 32bit), i have allready installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Everything went fine, the version i have had SP3 integrated so SATA drivers and so on were allready there.

Installed 260.99 nvidia drivers with the modified inf from "laptopvideo2go" and works excellent..

Intel chipset drivers work great..

Next window driver (or should i say software) is installed, but doesn't work. But its not a problem because i dont use it anyway..

Bluetooth doesn't work, but i dont use it..

Wireless works ok. I have swapped a Atheros AR5007EG to my touchsmart, because the original one was crap. Got drivers and everything ok..

Ethernet works..

Both blu-ray drives work (included one and burning usb one)

Only ones without driver (in the System management panel) are

1.) eHome infrared transceiver ?

2.) HP integrated module ?

3.) Multimedia display adapter ?

4.) Adi SoundMAX integrated digital HD audio

The last one "SoundMAX" is giving me gray hair because i have tested about (20) different drivers and nothing works !? Only ones that install without more problems are HP:s "vista" ones. Even so when i istall those and reboot i get always the same "!@#% error message (smax4pnp KERNEL32 error can't find starting point) or something like that, because the message is in Finnish and im not exactly sure how it is in English.

Hardware ID for soundmax is "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_194A&SUBSYS_103C2A82&REV_1004\4&27B9C826&0&0001"

Please help me somebody, because i need to play some of my old games with windows XP. Next step is to add a 1TB SATA drive and istall windows 95 :-D

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

According to the PCI Database you have a ADI1984a audio chip. Try this one from HP.

Edit: What is the make and model of your computer. You might also want to generate an Everest report and attach it to your post.

3. tgell

Sorry, I did not pay attention to your post subject. :-o I do not think you will finding a Touchsmart display driver for XP if this is what is causing an error for your Multimedia display adapter.

4. Willhouse84

Willhouse84 Private E-2

Hello. The nvidia 260.99 driver for xp works fine ? I guess ? Installed the same way than windows 7 ultimate 64bit version. Control panel just has a little "older" look, otherwise ok. The nvidia 9600GS is listed in the display adapters like it should. Or do i miss something here ?

I tried to generate a report file with everest 5.50 but it hangs :cry Tried again with AIDA64 and it makes it to little further and hangs :cry So... not a report..yet.

Yes the machine is a hp touchsmart iq820sc.
    Here is a cpu-z report for a start.. Its not in xp tough, i switched to windows 7 ultimate 64bit for now. Could the everest/aida64 work better if i boot to xp ?

Ill try to get the AIDA64 to work and try the link provided :cool

Attached Files:

5. Willhouse84

Willhouse84 Private E-2

Ok. Using now XP. Installed the soundmax (driver itself) and audio works now :) Still need to figure out how to shut up the damn pc speaker beep sounds :zzz

I download the everest again now and have a test..

BTW, do i need to make a full report or system only (devices) ?

6. tgell

What is confusing about the log is that you have an Intel GM45 chipset which has an integrated graphics adaptor and yet HP installed a Nvidia graphics card. What I was refering to as far as the multimedia display adaptor was maybe it relates to the Touchsmart screen. But if you do not need touchscreen you should be okay. Another confusing thing is the Soundmax Integrated digital audio which is correct for the Hardware ID you gave but the log referenced a "Multimedia device" with a Vendor ID of 0x8086 (intel) and a device of 0x293E which is
    Chip Number: 486486
    Chip Description: 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller

On the hardware with question marks, can you get the Hardware ID's? You can then find the manufacturer and possible location for drivers at the PCI database. There is a HP integrated module driver for Xp but you would have to have the Hardware ID to see if the driver would work. I would download the driver and then extract it's contents with Winrar. Then look for an INF file and open that, looking for the Hardware ID. That's what I did with the sound driver I posted. It has your Hardware ID in the INF file.

Edit: system only devices should work.

7. Willhouse84

Willhouse84 Private E-2

Hi. I finally made it trough everest, at least in 2 tests. Software test crashes the whole program (in XP) ? Buggy software should i say :confused

The motherboard is made by Pegatron and the model is maureen...something
    The link to mobo --> "http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01635715"

The information of the mobo is not exactly the same that i have, for example i have nvidia geforce 9600M GS (pci-e x16 slot), not a 9300M.

So i think that the cpu-z report showed "remains" of the "possible" options of the motherboard.. i think ?

It seems to be working quite fine allready, thx for that :)

The Device instance & hardware ID:s for the unknown devices are -->

1.) eHome Infrared Transceiver
    Device Instance ID = "USB\VID_1934&PID_0702\88636562727801"

Hardware ID:s = "USB\Vid_1934&Pid_0702&Rev_0001" & "USB\Vid_1934&Pid_0702"

2.)HP Integrated Module
    Device Instance ID = "USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D\5&E4F797C&0&1"

Hardware ID:s = "USB\Vid_03f0&Pid_171d&Rev_0100" & "USB\Vid_03f0&Pid_171d"

3.)Multimedia-displayadapter
    Device Instance ID = "PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0165&SUBSYS_650B1461&REV_0B\4&B04CCE1&0&00E1"

Hardware ID:s = "PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0165&SUBSYS_650B1461&REV_0B" & "PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0165&SUBSYS_650B1461" & "PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0165&CC_040000" & "PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0165&CC_0400"

Those are only ones remaining.

Attached Files:

8. Willhouse84

Willhouse84 Private E-2

Good morning everybody. I just tought to mention that the xp i installed to the machine is windows xp home for ULC pc:s. I dont know does it make any difference. My older child killed her mini laptop and the windows she had remained unused. Damn its blazing fast in modern pc :D its like "allready" out of box in a "tweaked" condition but faster.

Just tought that is there hardwafe limitations or something ? So could the ULC PC version be like not compatible or something ? Dont get me wrong, it works but just a tought.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What devices are still missing as in whats in Device Manager that has a yellow ! mark by it?

As for the ULC PCs then the drivers shouldnt be an issue the issue is in the hardware thats installed and that may not have drivers available, especially XP as it was never designed with touch computers in mind, Vista and Windows 7 where.

Everest will work fine in the latest version but if you dont have exact drivers for the hardware you have as in you dont really as that PC was never designed for XP then it may not run all the test ok.

But if its working ok now then I would go with that and not change much at all driver wise, drivers are the bane of Windows and especially when using drivers not ment for a specific PC build.

10. Willhouse84

Willhouse84 Private E-2

@DavidGP

Hi. Ok, so there should be no problems caused by the ULCPC version. Thats a relief :)

The devices you mentionen (marked yellow) are those 3 devices i mentioned previously. Haven't found drivers for those yet :confused

Everything seems to be working fine, even without those 3 devices. The display drivers are working 100% fine too with the modified inf "laptopvideo2go". I have been installing and playing my old good games a lot, so the drivers are OK.

As for the rest of the drivers missing, if those could be found somewhere we could end the thread with a message containing "ALL" the links to the working drivers for touchsmart iQ820sc windows xp. It would help rest of the people wondering the same problems in the future.

11. tgell

I would definitely do what DavidGP recommended and not mess with any other drivers if you have things working. That being said. I found the following.

The E-home infrared transceiver relates to a USB receiver that I believe uses a remote control. That driver only for MCE.

The HP Integrated Module uses the XP driver I listed in my previous post.

The Multimedia-displayadapter is a TV capture card (AVerMedia A313 MiniCard Hybrid DVB-T) and the following link shows that this is the driver to use.

12. DavidGP

Good find on the probable drivers tgell for this PC.

13. Willhouse84

Willhouse84 Private E-2

I have been using the XP OS for some time now and it seems that the drivers are correct ones and everything works fine. There are "brief" pauses with the desktop operation sometimes but i think those are caused by my RAM. I have 4GB ram and the OS sees 3GB something, so i am pretty sure that if i take one 2GB stick away it works like it should. Only driver missing is the iR thing but no need for that. So thanks everybody for the help.

Next step would be the Windows 95 installation to get my "really" old games to work :D But neither energy and patience for that yet. I have a good picture in my mind how that is done (after reading a 100 topics..) but its not easy task. Far as i know it needs heavy editing of system files to make the OS believe i have a certain amount of ram, cpu speed and quite small hdd partition. Also the drivers, there is no drivers :/ So need to think "a lot" before even touching the subject with a looong stick :)

14. DavidGP

Hi

Good stuff on getting this working so far, but do have a read of this HERE and maybe worth trying the 3GB switch, while it may not give you more usable ram it may add a bit of stability.

As for the Windows 95 install, try installing it in a Virtual PC and Sun Virtualbox or Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1 should work ok and/or at least give you a testbed to use to guage how an actuall HDD install may work. I tend to use Virtual PCs for testing OSes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds