Internet Explorer text too small or too large

Discussion in 'Software' started by DblClk, Jan 4, 2006.

1. DblClk

DblClk Private E-2

Lately SOME of my Internet Explorer Browser pages have been displaying text extremely LARGE or extremely SMALL. Most pages are normal, but since I have never had this problem before, I assume something has changed to cause the wrong font sizes. Does anyone know what could cause this?

2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

Try this
    With your mouse it is possible to zoom in and out of a web page. This setting stays until you zoom it back in or out.
    The text on a web site becomes suddenly unreadable or too big.
    To fix this you need to press and hold ctrl on your keyboard while you scroll up or down with the center scroll wheel on your mouse.

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Welcome to MajorGeeks.

Only have 1 Internet Explorer window open, then go to View, text size and choose your setting. (Or the suggestion by jujet84 if it works with your meece)

If you have other IE windows open, the setting won't be global.

4. gay2jp

gay2jp Private First Class

Or get yourself a copy of Firefox and then ctrl plus makes text bigger, ctrl minus makes it smaller. Very easy.

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Not everyone wants to use FireFox, and Internet Explorer and Opera all have the ability to change text size.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

This works in IE also. :)

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Not the question at hand... please stick to the question the original poster asked, cheers :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds