Event Viewer errors in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by intzepatorii, Jul 22, 2015.

1. intzepatorii

intzepatorii Private E-2

Hi,

I have several errors I can't get rid of...

Service Control Manager, event id 7031

The User Data Access_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
    The User Data Storage_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
    The Contact Data_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
    The Sync Host_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

And also some warnings as to the Kernel-PNP (219, task category 212) like the below one (it's because windows can't recognize linux and mac file systems):

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{c2804ef5-f4eb-11e4-962d-806e6f6e6963}#0000001B14900000.

Is there a way to stop logging event 219?

Thanks a lot!

2. ratbone

ratbone Private E-2

I have identical errors in my event log and they seem to be a bug in Service |Control Manager which tries to start certain services on shutdown.
    Additionally I also get the same error for VMWare Workstation service just because it is installed on my system.

The fixes suggested out there are to invasive and could potentially cause other issues. I would wait until Microsoft issues a fix for this bug.

Since it occurs only on shutdown there is only a potential hit to your reboot timing and a messy event log.

What I do is clear down the event logs when I want to remove all the errors to be able to monitor for new issues without other noise.

Attached is a batch script I use to do that which is menu driven to make it easer.

you have other useful tools in the script to help you diagnose any other issues.

As a precaution I have renamed the batch script to .txt from .bat so that you can verify there is nothing which is harmful for your system before you use it.
    Instructions:
    rename file extension to .bat
    always run batch scripts as administrator

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Check that you have drivers for your PC and/or motherboard that are Windows 10 compatible, even if Windows 10 installed with default drivers and works ok-ish still check for the likes of motherboard, video, audio, network drivers as this error can be basically nothing more that a driver that works but is not perfect.

Without detailed information as to previous OS that was installed and hardware or make and model of PC then its difficult to diagnose but basics are likely driver or thinking if the install of Windows 10 was an update over a clean install then a startup apps driver or service could be the culprit so a safe mode or clean boot is worth a try to see if they issues stay?

4. ratbone

ratbone Private E-2

Hi David,
    I do not think it is hardware related because it is a common occurrence on different systems I also sometimes get the \Driver\WudfRd warning but tend to ignore it since it is just a warning.

the Data Access_Session1 service is used by the Onedrive and also I believe windows update and other apps.
    I also get the 7031 error for the VMWare Workstation service when it attempts to restart on shutdown.

This issue used to occur on windows 8.1 and I believe it had got fixed by Microsoft.

It has just reappeared now in Windows 10.

I would not worry to much about it just noise in your event viewer with a possible hit on reboot timings.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I tend to agree with you on warnings as many are just not issues, if we took Event Viewer messages too literally we would go nuts at the messages.

Yeah I noticed a data access issue in a registry check I did on Windows 10 once installed and seemed the path was the issue, could have been that OneDrive is going through many changes lately as Groups are to be deleted come mid sept IIRC so need to check https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...d27-a38f-b72dbf151678?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB (just a random thing for all and not related to your issue but worth noting)

Now you mentioned this EV error I did check mine and nothing so could be hardware or software driver/service related, difficult to nail down and do you run a VM on the same PC? possible is that windows shutsdown or exits an app quicker than the app, hence the error??

6. intzepatorii

intzepatorii Private E-2

Thanks both.
    @ratbone, I'll try your script in a few days, now I'm in vacation and the respective desktop is home.
    @David, I have multiple operating systems on the desktop, about 10 unknown partitions and guess what, there are let's say 10*(212 and 219 events). As you already said, they are warnings and they don't bother me.

However the ID 7031 are errors and can't live with them.
    As onedrive creates huge amount of writes on the ssd, I disabled it from startup and I syncronize only if I change something. And yes, the shutdown time is huge, about 20 seconds. The boot time is not better either, about 25 seconds with a ssd.
    Maybe it's because of the missing OneDrive?

I forgot to tell your there were some other warnings, network list and windows update try to use internet even before windows is loaded. That's incredible!
    I didn't update from other versions, I am an insider and I think I have the RTM for the moment.

Thanks both of you for your effort!

7. ratbone

ratbone Private E-2

@intzepatorii I've got exactly the same issue with various components trying to connect to quickly to the internet on startup. again I'm sure it is a setting somewhere we need to discover and modify.

@david VMware workstation service tries to restart on shutdown after it has been stopped by the Service Control manager. most services have a restart recovery on failure of one minute. I would expect if a shutdown has been committed, the service control manager should not allow services to try to restart. It must be a bug. I had experimented with the Wait to Kill setting in the registry on windows 7 but it never made a difference.

it could be worth a try on windows 10

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control]

"WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="20000"

I've attached an improved batch script with additional functions. I have added/improved the dism.exe commands including the component cleaning up

change extension from .txt to .bat

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Attached Files:

8. intzepatorii

intzepatorii Private E-2

I have tried your batch file, nice program, but I wouldn't clear the log because I think it's useful to see when a problem occurred for the first time.
    M$ didn't solve the problem in the meantime and moreover I have now an update which cannot be installed. Some people say it is because of the net framework.

I still have the Win7 partition and I think I'll stick to it as Win10 is not reliable from my point of view...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds