Bios issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dizzynewbie, Aug 3, 2015.

1. dizzynewbie

dizzynewbie Private E-2

Hi everyone

Machine
    Lenovo B50-30
    Model: 80ES
    Processor: Intel Celeron N2830 Dual Core Processor
    RAM: 8Gb

I used Dban on disc to wipe a new machine. Set Bios order. There was no option to boot from disc, hdd only, and an option to change Bios to legacy, which I did, then Dban ran. Removed disk, inserted new Windows 7 home premium install disc (machine was previously 8.1).

Machine says "loading files" then stops with blue screen and following message: The Bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated Bios.

There is also this technical info: ***STOP. 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000008, 0xFFD15010, 0x00040000)

I cannot get into the machine to change Bios or anything else. Does anyone have any suggestions? TY

2. dizzynewbie

dizzynewbie Private E-2

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. dizzynewbie

dizzynewbie Private E-2

Hi
    The Bios is Lenovo Bios Intel Bay Trail-M (version 9CCN22WW version 2.00)

I've talked to Lenovo and they say the machine has to come in for repairs, it may need a new hard drive. Brand new machine :(

I need to get a second machine (unrelated). Can any UK members recommend a budget model, not more than £260, not Acer or fanless designs, that they have run Dban on and then loaded the OS from disc with no problems. I'm not going through this again.

5. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

If you are just loading Win 7 over Win 8 for your own use, DBAN is going overboard. Just boot Win 7 go to advanced and delete the partitions and left Win 7 recreate them and install.
    Is this a SSD? We use Lenovo here at work now and we have had several SSDs die and been replaced.

6. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

What does that mean? Note HDD is a disk.

If you mean boot from DVD, it may say CD or optical drive. If a USB attached drives, that may not be supported.

7. dizzynewbie

dizzynewbie Private E-2

Whew, crisis averted, everything's ok. :) It was the Windows 7 install disc. I got a new 8.1 and it installed just fine. Thank you everyone for pitching in to help :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds