Washed Out Color

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pat07011, Aug 8, 2015.

1. pat07011

pat07011 Private E-2

The display on my monitor appears all washed out. I can't even make out the words sometimes. Previously, I was able to disconnect the power supply, hold the power button in for 30 sec or so, reconnect the power supply and turn the power on and the display was perfect again. That no longer works. I might add that this washing out only occurred after shutting the computer completely down and powering it up again. Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on here?

Dell Inspiron One 2020 (all in one)
    Windows 7

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

3. pat07011

pat07011 Private E-2

Thanks. I tried, it didn't work. No, the screen doesn't get better if left on. It's actually getting worse by the day.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You need to connect another monitor as suggested by DOA.

5. pat07011

pat07011 Private E-2

Thanks guys! I just ordered a new computer. It was getting really bad and I've been dealing with this problem for a while. Shame that I only had the computer for less than 3 yrs!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds