Microsoft playing games

Discussion in 'Software' started by gilc, Aug 23, 2015.

1. gilc

gilc Private E-2

Hi to the forum,
    I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium--32 bit os.
    I believe Microsoft is playing games with my computer to get me to sign up for a phone app. For the last week I have to sign in several times a session.
    Then I have to wait 20 seconds (measured) for each selection.
    In addition to Trend Micro Antivirus I run CCcleaner and Malwarebytes but I can't fix this recent hassel. I don't know enough about computers to figure things out and my only guess is probably wrong.
    Any help will be truly appreciated.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome to the forum

What phone app are you getting messages about signing upto as Microsoft do not and will not tout apps unless they are in-built into Windows and the only one currently they have is in Windows 10 in the Phone Companion app.

I more so believe that you have malware and need to run the guide HERE and post the logs in our malware forum area for the experts to review.

3. gilc

gilc Private E-2

Thanks David,
    Sorry for my delay. I wasn't notified by email.
    I turn on computer and normally I don't have to sign in but the window comes up with
    ms wanting me to sign along with a box to send my phone number for an app. After I
    sign in it's ok. If I don't have any open links in the launch bar and pull up another internet explorer window I'm required to sign in again. It pops up without any reason.
    I got their run around when I tried to contact them. Shouldn't Malwarebytes or CCcleaner
    find any problems? What do I do to run the malware guide?

Thanks again, gilc

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds