Help salvaging previous windows 3rd party programs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vurrath, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Vurrath

Vurrath Private E-2

well , its more of a situation rant i suppose , but i am needing help salvaging previous installaltions of windows 3rd party programs , or, a way of editing a SECPOL.msc file manually , instead of the booted-up-on one which always seems to be opened , even tho i try to open the correct one for the installas of windows that need theirs repaired/reconfigured.

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

I'm are still trying to figure out what you mean by -
    Are you attempting to copy an installed program from one OS system to another without actually using that program's installer?

Or are you trying to recover deleted/un-installed programs?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What situation has lead to you having a security policy issue with your Windows version (I take it its Windows 7)?

Have you checked and scanned for malware just in case that's the cause? or have you been "tweaking" features that lead to a errant PC?

You as Dr M mentions are not really going top be able to copy one 3rd party application to another Windows installation as too many issues with lack of registry entries to have the application work properly, they need to be installed new, if copying applications from a corrupt Windows install the same advice is applicable as you cannot just copy an applications Program Files/Folder and have it just work on a new PC.

Need to know more on how you came to be in this issue, can a Safe Mode boot work for you with no errors?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds