"Java - Error applying transforms"

Discussion in 'Software' started by maybeok, May 24, 2008.

1. maybeok

maybeok Private First Class

Hi,
    Using Windows XP with all Microsoft updates installed
    At the moment after installing "Java" through their Web site the latest "Java [TM] 6 Update 6" I do have now in "Add Remove" two Java programs

Trying to uninstall the old Java Version [TM] 6 Update 5 and I receive this "Error" message = "Java - Error applying transforms - Verify that the specified transform is valid" =
    I clicked the "OK" and still have the old Java in "Add Remove" and not able to uninstall the old Java?

I had browse in Java in their Help and they say = "We are still investigating the root cause of this issue." They suggest = "The following items are suggested workarounds for this error: by using Offline JRE installation Package - Click to download
    Will by using the above will it interfere with the update I have install of "Java [TM] 6 Update 6" or do I physically just delete the old Java "Program Folder" in "C Drive, and then do a cleanup/remove the old Java entry in "add Remove"???

Your comments please!

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds