Hello & thanks + a keyboard question

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Chaser911, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Chaser911

Chaser911 Private E-2

Hi everyone and many thanks for all the excellent & concise guides that adorn this site.

I not exactly new here, as I'm pretty certain I was in PC hell a few years ago with a prior purchased system and herein was something of a helper in fixing those issues. Now I'm back with a system I built myself that old lessons and Acronis True image had been keeping in check, which has perhaps hit a problem or two.

I'll post about the proper malware issues in the appropriate place with the logs etc but I do have a question that's rather general and I am unsure where to post it, so I hope here is ok.

I have the ever recurring windows update problem associated with KB936181 "Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or on Windows Update" see here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729/ for the very simple remedy, wherein lies my question.

I have a wireless logitech keyboard of US origin which requires a switch to US International region settings to produce the Backslash symbol. However it does not produce a backslash in command prompt, which is required for the simple remedy to this annoying repeat request to install this windows update.

Does anyone know how to generate a backslash symbol in command prompt via a kooky keyboard?

Cheers to all

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

Start a new thread in the software forum re your keyboard problem..

They should be able to help you out in there

Good luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds