Internet Explorer 7 is not connecting to Internet :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jobella, Jun 30, 2007.

1. jobella

jobella Private E-2

Hi
    For the past 2 weeks my Internet Explorer 7 has not been able to connect to the internet which also affects my MSN and my hotmail. This started occuring when I went to visit my folks in Montreal and my mother inputted her key into my computer so that I can access her wireless Apple network. Apart from updates that is ALL I've done to this computer. What is really strange is that my Mozilla is not affected and running fine. My wireless connection is excellent and I am getting Proxy Server and Key Port errors. I am also getting error 0x800B0001 and mention of error with HTTPS. Finally my GMAIL is also buggin telling me it cannot log into my mailbox (12169) as the server certificate is invalid... I hope you can help me as I am currently loosing my mind :cry
    Thank you

2. Jan.

Jan. Private E-2

Try this for the 0x800B0001 error:

Register the following files with these steps:
    Click on Start, Run and type "REGSVR32 SOFTPUB.DLL" (w/o the quotes). You should see a popup message that this process succeeded.
    Click on Start, Run and type "REGSVR32 INITPKI.DLL" (w/o the quotes). You should see a popup message that this process succeeded.
    Click on Start, Run and type "REGSVR32 MSSIP32.DLL" (w/o the quotes). You should see a popup message that this process succeeded.
    Click on Start, Run and type "REGSVR32 wintrust.dll (w/o the quotes). You should see a popup message that this process succeeded.

Now try the Windows Update site and see if you get the same error.

3. jobella

jobella Private E-2

Thanks Jan!!! You are a real LIFE SAVER!!! I was about to through my computer out the window!!!
    Talking about throwing a computer out the window... my computer (Fujitsu Lifebook S series) is still running but it is 4 years old and getting very slow... I had bought it in Singapore and wanted to purchase the same one in Europe but am finding it very hard to find and very expensive. They have separated their market into consumer and professional and I don't even know if I really need such an upscale computer: what's the difference between s series, l series, n series or Amelio... I am freelance translator who is looking for a light portable laptop with lots of memory for Translations Memories, Trados and Glossaries (+ pictures, emails,etc)... I think I need a 14"-15" screen as I don't want it to get heavy and I travel quite a bit (I currently have a 13"). While I was in Canada people suggested the Fujitsu S series, Asusus, HP or IBM and warned me against Toshiba and Sony... I am also looking for an English keyboard in a French country as I type faster on it and will probably me moving to Australia or US in the near future... Consequently I was wondering what kind you would suggest???
    Thanks again!!!! After a night of insomnia finding your solution to my problem gave me hope for the day ;)
    Merci encore!!!
    Joanna:wave

4. Jan.

Jan. Private E-2

not been looking at laptops lately but you can read reviews and decide for yourself whats best for you.... here's a list from cnet http://reviews.cnet.com/4323-6527_7-6509050.html
    There are plenty other review sites too, like laptoping.com ...

But that is a subject best asked in the proper forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds