Can't find audio driver for intel 82801db ich4 - ac'97 audio controller driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by RVP#11, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RVP#11

RVP#11 Private E-2

I have the same problem guys, I uninstalled it by accident and am struggling to find correct drivers.

I've attached the report from EVEREST.

Thank you, much appreciated if you could help!

Attached Files:

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. RVP#11

RVP#11 Private E-2

Thanks for the help mate, but after I installed the chipset like you said, I tried installing the new audio driver but nothing happened. I extracted the winrar file and tried running the 'SoundMan' file but nothing, the sandtimer and mouse icon appeared for a split second like it was processing it but nothing.

There is also nothing abnormal running in my processes which suggests it isn't opening?

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

5. RVP#11

RVP#11 Private E-2

You my friend, are a legend!

Thanks alot, much appreciated :celebrate.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

7. RVP#11

RVP#11 Private E-2

Right, new problem, this time with the graphics thing you told me to install. The PC starts up okay and then I open a program ie. Mozilla, it does this and goes all 1980 graphics on me.

[​IMG]

It happens every other time I switch my PC on, any suggestions on fixing it :( ?

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:banghead That graphics thing was supposed to be the chipset drivers. rolleyes I grabbed the wrong download for you. :eek: If you can find it in Device Manager, disable it. Then let me know if you are back to normal. If you're not tell me what going on in Device Manager.

9. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Instead of disabling that driver, try rolling it back. That should put it back to the original state. ;)

10. RVP#11

RVP#11 Private E-2

I rolled it back but still it happens :/ ?

11. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

12. RVP#11

RVP#11 Private E-2

Nice one mate, sorted now.

Thank you.

13. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Glad it got straightened out. ;) I don't know how I grabbed the wrong one but I'm sure I'll do it somewhere again. rolleyes

14. KenyaSong

KenyaSong Private E-2

i thought i would find the answer for my problem reading this, but actually it is not the same problem.
    well, my ethernet controller and the audio device don't work.
    i sought for the drivers but i just couldn't find them.

i hope you will help me too, because i don't know anymore what to do.

here is the report from everest

Attached Files:

15. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You can find your drivers here:
    These are the audio drivers for your motherboard. I am not sure which specific model you have.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/s...yind=0&operatingsystemind=49980&validate=true

The ethernet divers are here: (also not sure which one for your model)
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/s...yind=0&operatingsystemind=49980&validate=true

You could identify your product number and narrow it down. The site has an auto-detect on this page.
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-49QTT6&sitestyle=lenovo#find

16. KenyaSong

KenyaSong Private E-2

Thank you very much pal
    It worked.

:) :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds