Firefox problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Locomode, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Locomode

Locomode Private E-2

Hi. I am using Firefox 5.0 at the moment.

My two problems with Firefox are these:

1) When I shut down Firefox many of my previously visited tabs will "flash" for a split second, as if Firefox has actually kept them open even if I closed them and closes them at last when I shut down the program itself.
    I'm not sure if this is a problem but this wasnt happening before (it started happening I think after -but maybe not RIGHT after- I upgraded to FF 4.0) and it might be related to the second problem.

2) The History button of the menu takes a couple seconds to open when I click on it.
    And overall FF isnt responding instantly and acts a bit slow. Not when it comes to loading web pages but when I access its controls and the interface.

For instance when I have 9 tabs open and their size gets squeezed together, if I close one, it takes FF a couple seconds (not always) the stretch the size of the rest.
    All these arent a big problem in and of themselves but they all show me that FF is acting slow and I am worried there might be a problem.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Out of curiosity, what are your computer specs? Need mostly cpu and ram. :)

3. Locomode

Locomode Private E-2

My CPU is an i7 920 @ 2,67GHz and my RAM is 3GB DDR3 triple channel.

But I've had my PC for 3 years now and this problem has only appeared the last couple months or less (I dont remember when I upgraded to FF 4.0).

4. Locomode

Locomode Private E-2

Does anyone have any suggestions to offer?

I hope it is allowed to bump threads.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

FF 5 freezes on me. I did not have this problem with FF4.
    I get something like a script is unresponsive; this doesn't happen on just one site, it happens on several so I've ruled out the web site as the problem.
    So, it might not be you or your computer; it might be FF 5.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

7. plodr

I don't think a new profile is the answer. My husband gets the same script error (different computer, different version of windows and a completely different website). Something in FF 5 isn't working properly
    The error is
    chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml:69

This is old and pertains to FF 4, which did not give me a problem. I guess I'll have to disable all my addons except noscript and ABP and see what happens. I have 7 addons so it should be easy to pinpoint by enabling one at a time until the freeze occurs. I don't think my husband has 7 addons, maybe 4 or 5 so less to test I guess.

8. plodr

I just had a freeze with 3 of the 4 addons disabled. So I guess the next step is to enable those 3 and disable the remaining one to see if it makes a difference.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds