Androde help

Discussion in 'Software' started by robertbiferi, May 20, 2012.

1. robertbiferi

robertbiferi I can't follow the rules

I have a Tablet with Androde icecream sandwitch on it and I use the defaulr Browser.

When I go to YouTube from the internet it comes up looking diferant because it is useing the YouTube Mobel Plug in.

I go to the Brroswer settings and can not see how to turn off Mobel Plug in?

Pleas help

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Your tablet most likely doesn't have the hardware capability to run the "full version" of YouTube in a browser. However, rumor has it that Android 4.0, a.k.a. "ice cream" can install, and use Google Chrome. If you download, and use Chrome, you can most likely solve your issue, however I can't guarantee performance, and speed rendering it.

Which tablet do you have?

3. robertbiferi

The Tablet I have is an Archos 101 G9 Internet Terbo

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Most likely you have a Honeycomb version of Android. Doublecheck what version you have.

Chrome only works with Android 4.0, a.k.a. "ice cream sandwich".

5. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Chrome doesn't currently have Flash support on Android. I suspect you will need Flash for youtube. Give it a go and see... Once you have checked your version.

6. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Incidently there is a youtube app for android which is much better. Gives you the same content but means you dont have to wait for the pages to load.

7. robertbiferi

Well this is what I did not understand?

If I go to youtube.com it opens in a diferant window and if I look at the Address Bar it says m youtube.com

No were it says m youtube.com I can take this out and type what I am looking for on youtube and it will look for any video that I ask.

Now this is what I do not get?

If I stay on my Tablets Home screen and I am not on the internet yet and I go to Setings Then APPs I see a list of the APPs installed.

I see an APP called YouTube.

If I Disable it then go online and go to youtube.com it still comesup in that Diferant window and it still says m youtube.com in the Address Bar but there is one difernce?

I still can take out m youtube.com and type in what I am looking for but instead of it looking for video with that name or anything like this it takes me to google???

8. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Just use the youtube app and and be done with it. Dont overcomplicate things or make an issue out of something that doesnt matter.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds