networking two computers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blightfyre, Nov 22, 2004.

1. blightfyre

blightfyre Private E-2

my network was working fine, then i tried hooking my sister on the network with a wireless router and wireless nic in hers and my gateway puter(direcway) hooked into the router. was having signal problems with hers so i installed the wireless nic on my other puter(not the gateway)it got signal worked great. then i pulled the wireless nic and unistalled the driver for it. now the wired nic that goes to my gateway puter doesnt work. also the gateway puter has two nics on for the rest of the network and the other to my other puter. i pulled the nic the my gateway puter was using to talk to my other puter and installed it in the problem pc. hooked that nic to the other nic. no go. i hooked a different puter to that same nic on the gateway and it worked. it seems as if either both of those nics got fried or there is something set wrong in my problem puter. please help, i have look everywhere

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

3. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

4. blightfyre

blightfyre Private E-2

i forgot to mention that that problem puter the ip addressses and so on are 0.0.0.0 the properties of the nic say the device is working properly . cant ping from the problem puter to 192.168.0.1 , says unreachable. when i look at the status of the nic is shows no bytes sent or received. when i tried uninstalling the driver . i also pulled it out and put it in a nother pci slot. still no go. tried both of those realtek nics and neither talk to the gateway puter. oh and the wierdest thing is that when i moved it to another pci slot after i uninstalled the driver , when i rebooted windows xp pro recognized it twice and installed it twice , shown as nic #3 and nic #4. please help. i looked at the link and couldnt find any help

5. rfordtech

rfordtech Private E-2

Check your networking devices to see if when you installed the wireless NIC if it disabled the wired NIC. Also, ping 127.0.0.1 (loopback) to see if your computer can communicate with your NIC. Lastly, temporarily disable any AV or Firewall software and then try to connect.

Later,
    Ford

6. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds