Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Biggiee2180@aol.com, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Biggiee2180@aol.com

Biggiee2180@aol.com Private E-2

Hey everyone. I'm new to this site and a friend recommended me to forms like these since no one seems to be able to help me with my problem. I have no sound on my computer. Absolutely no sound. I have that same problem with itunes with that box coming up saying something's wrong with the audio configuration, and when I checked the sound & audio devices section in the control panel it says there is no audio device. At first this only occurred on one section of my computer. My brother's and my dad's section still worked. But now there is no audio device located on any of our sections and I'm lost without sound. The device that DID show up at one point as my audio driver "SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio" but now it doesn't. And most recently one of those yellow exclamation points popped up next to the device "Microsoft WINNMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver." I've tried uninstalling these devices and nothing helps. Please anyone out there that can help me please do so. Thanks for reading this and I hope you can help

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Re: Problem with Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver

First, it is better to post a new thread of your own.
    Go here: Drivers and look for the New Thread button (upper left)
    Post your problem again, add any info, like your PC make and model number, your OS, and attach an Everest report.

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

*moved to new thread*

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds