My M/B and Processor Question!?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ronstoppable, Jul 18, 2004.

1. ronstoppable

ronstoppable Private E-2

Ok, I have ignored this for long enough. This computer has a k7s5a pro mother board with a 2000+ amd processor and 512 sdram. It runs at 1.24 ghz and it should be at 1.66 ! Well when i slap the crap into 133/133 since thats they ram i got, it will load windows and then when I start doing somthing major like a game or movie it throws a blu screen. You think i just need to get new ram or what?

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

you go to bios and change fsb to 133; that or you have a jumper wrong on your mobo

3. ronstoppable

ronstoppable Private E-2

when its at 100/100 it runs fine at 1.24 but when i change it to 133/133 i get a blue screen after playing a game or trying to watch a movie.

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Are you sure the RAM is PC133 and not PC100. If it is only PC100, it would give you errors if you ran it at 133Mhz bus.

Second, I would check the timings on the RAM. If the CAS latency is set too low, the RAM can run like it is faulty. Go to the RAM maker's website and find out the CAS latency it is rated to run at.

If it is in fact PC133 and the timings are not set too low, you could have faulty RAM, or a faulty motherboard, or a processor that is only rated at 100Mhz FSB. My guess is it is faulty RAM. You could download memtest86 and see if it comes up with any errors.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1247

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds