play the pc game

Discussion in 'Software' started by lostinjapan, May 1, 2005.

1. lostinjapan

lostinjapan Private E-2

hi...i am in japan, have windows me, don`t have a playstation and would like to play a game.

i found an english version of madden in tokyo for pc but don`t know much about what to do...could anyone help me before i decide to buy it?

1. it said i need 2gb of space on my computer on the game box....so....do you install games on your computer rather than just plat them as you would on a playstation?

2. it also said i need a video and memory card....really? what are they and how do i use them?

3. genarally..do you think it is worth me getting such a game or would i be better off buying a playstation?

for any help...thanks

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

1.Yes

2. Are you sure it didnt say "video card/ sound card"?

3. How much is Madden and how much is a playstation + madden for playstation?

4.What are you PC specifications?

3. lostinjapan

lostinjapan Private E-2

hmmm...thanks for that..well...

1. i have 254 ram. windows me, celeron processor, broadband (that isn`t relevant , is it..), a sony vaio...

2. maybe i made a mistake...it specified a "direct x compatible video card" and "direct x 9.06 sound card"...i dunno what these are..

3. we are talking japanese yen but i guess the game alone is about 15-20% the price of ps2 plus game

again..thanks

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

to download a new version of direct X (9.0c) visit microsoft.com/directx

are you looking to play madden 2005? Im trying to find the entire system requirements for it on the net AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS![​IMG]

No website has the system requirements for this game; what is your processor speed? What video card do you have?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cannot have you going NUTS can we ;)

Did you try EA? ... click me ;)

6. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

damn; went to EA and searched the FAQ but i didnt go into specifically the game. Good Heads up!

7. lostinjapan

lostinjapan Private E-2

genuine thanks for the effort...it IS madden 2005....hmmm....my processor speed......i know it is an intel celeron processor and i have 254ram....i don`t know if that answers the question...if not do you knowwhere i should be looking?

8. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

9. lostinjapan

lostinjapan Private E-2

thanks omegamerc and halo for all your help :rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds