Sigma Tel 9227 CODEC (7.1 Channel Audio)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nightmare7, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Nightmare7

Nightmare7 Private E-2

Hello Major Geeks, I have a Dell Dimension C521 with an AMD 64 Athlon processor and an onboard Sigma Tel 9227 CODEC (7.1 Channel Audio). There is no stereo mix control in my recording controls. The main problem is that I play music through my soundcard into yahoo chat rooms, but the volume is so low that listeners can barely here me. I've been working on this problem for a long time. For the time being I am forced to use a $15 dollar external soundcard that really does not compare to my Sigma Tel. In my research I have discovered that Microsoft could possibly have made a deal with some one to disable the stereo mix, wether or not this is true I dont know. If you guys can help me get my Sigma Tel working right I would be forever grateful.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version do you have? I have read in some cases with Vista the driver makers did not add mixer controls to the drivers, this is not a Microsoft issue, but that of the hardware maker who decided not to write this option into the drivers.

If Vists then try this one http://support.dell.com/support/dow...releaseid=R147075&deviceid=8907&fileid=195629

Sadly SigmaTel have been bought out in 2008 and the new company dont seem to list drivers!

Could give Dell support a call on this issue and see what they say?

3. Nightmare7

Nightmare7 Private E-2

Thank you for your time Halo, my OS is XP, and you are right about it not being a microsoft issue, it was sigma tel or dell that didnt add the stereo mix. As for Dell support usually they are very good and every problem that I have had they have been quick to resolve the issue, except fo this particular problem. Seems they dont know anything about it.
    With your help I have come to the conclusion that there are 2 ways to fix this problem, either get a pci sound card or what I have done is to utalize an external soundcard. I must say that your forum Rocks and I'm glad I found major geeks.

4. Nightmare7

Nightmare7 Private E-2

Wow guy's!!!! I found the solution to the stereo mix nightmare with the dell dimension c521 with sigma tel audio. This is for XP OS. The solution is you have to modify 2 binary codes in the registry and create 2 binary's. I wrote a PDF tutorial and it is free for anyone that needs it, contact me @ darkheavens_nightmare7darkangel@yahoo.com. there are also a couple of good videos on how to do this on youtube. When i update my site in a couple of days the pdf will also be available on my download page. darkheavenrock13.com. Thank you majorgeeks for having this site, you guys rockk, love and laughs Nightmare.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds