Icons don't go to the right spot

Discussion in 'Software' started by mbmadiw, Mar 20, 2007.

1. mbmadiw

mbmadiw Corporal

Every time I click on the My Documents or Windows Explorer icons on the Desktop, they now open to the Search feature. It's as if I am opening Windows Explorer and clicking the Search button.

I right-clicked on the My Documents icon, clicked Properties and hit the Restore Default button on the Target tab. That icon now works. (We'll see after I restart though.)

These other icons don't though. On the Desktop there is one shortcut to regular Windows Explorer, plus shortcuts to peer to peer network shared folders. I have deleted the icons and made new ones, but they all still open to the Search feature, instead of their intended destination.

Using Windows XP Pro.

Ack-help! :)

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Go to the link below and click on Win XP Fixes then look for Search/Command Prompt Opens When Double Clicking a Folder.

http://www.dougknox.com/

Steve

3. mbmadiw

mbmadiw Corporal

Thanks Steve! That got it fixed.
    I wasn't wording it right in my online searches, so I couldn't come up with much. You got it for me. Thanks for much. :wave

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

You bet, glad you got it. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds