Sound drivers.

Discussion in 'Software' started by ThorAxe1, Jul 2, 2007.

1. ThorAxe1

ThorAxe1 Private E-2

Hello. I've recently repaired Windows, and my audio drivers, naturally, were not there. I basically knew what I needed: C-Media ac97 drivers. Well, I downloaded and installed them. I still don't get any audio whatsoever. Help?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Do you have any yellow ! marks in Device Manager, if so what by.

Also is your PC an OEM build as in HP, DELL etc, if so whats the model number.

If not an OEM build, and the sound is onboard ( built into the motherboard ) then what is the Motherboards Make and model?

3. ThorAxe1

ThorAxe1 Private E-2

After I install the drivers, the yellow "!" by my audio driver goes away, but I still get no audio. My audio is on-board. My motherboard is an MSI 865GM2-LS.

4. DavidGP

Hi

Have you checked to see if the Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices that under the Audio tab that you have the correct sound card chosen as default device?

then click Volume in same Sounds and Audio Devices box and make sure none are set at mute.

Are your speakers plugged into correct port? are your speakers working?

If you didnt get this driver direct from MSI then try theirs http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=549

also if you have not installed the Intel Chipset/motherboad drivers do so, they are listed on MSI in the downloads section above, named Intel INF Drivers

5. ThorAxe1

ThorAxe1 Private E-2

I figured it out. I remembered a while back when I had the same problem. I fixed it by going into Control panel > Administrative tools > Component services > Services (local) > then scrolling to the bottom and seeing if windows audio was on.

6. DavidGP

cool, I keep forgetting that service.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds