Wireless Internet

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shadowskater, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Shadowskater

Shadowskater Private E-2

Im using D-Link and i just got it all up and running i linked my downstairs computer to my upstairs computer using Wireless D-link Items. On my reciving computer i am using a 802.11b Wireless USB Adapter a D-link DWL-122 Wireless USB adapter. On the downstairs i am using a 802.11b Wireless Router a D-link DI-514 Wirless Router that connects to my existing roadrunner cable internet. It works fine but i play On-line games and i get disconnected often and i have to get out of the program and reconnect then get back in and it is really frustraiting because usually im in a cs game and right when were facing off i will loose connection, Or ill be doing Baal runz on Diablo2 and get kicked, is there any software i can download to help or fix this or any other better reciver or anytihng? My firend has D-link and he never gets disconnected hes had it for months and never has once! Thx in advance anything is apprectiated!
    -Chris-

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Private E-2

not to mention that, depending on the game being played, wireless isn't an effective medium for high volume data transfer.

3. Shadowskater

Shadowskater Private E-2

How do i set up a Non SSID wireless internet, and how do i turn mac filtering off? thx in advance i was messing with it and i made it SSID disabled and it didnt work. and is MAC filtering only Dinamic IP how do i set up a static would that be without SSID and without MAC? please help thx!

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No game will exceed the bandwidth of wireless.

Not today's tech...

5. Shadowskater

Shadowskater Private E-2

Umm..

thx so much for trying to explain this to me but all the information you are giving me isnt matching up with my configure or maybe its my brain lol, i attached a txt. file that shows the setup config and maybe you could help me with the setup so that i could make my wireless connection better... i am so sry for all the inconvience and any thing is always greatly appreactiated thx so much in advance, by the way the txt is the setup for the router, if you alos need the setup for the usb reciver i have it thx so much!

Attached Files:

6. diamond362

diamond362 Private E-2

Fast dowload with zero upload! PLEASE HELP!

Hi Everyone,:)

Can any one please help me? I have wireless connection with a wired router to my computer. I have an outside wireless radio connection that is mounted on top of my house roof.

My download and upload speeds have been great until suddenly this week.

My download speed is fantastic - always between 700kpbs and 900kpbs; however, my upload speed will get stuck at 3 kpbs. Yep 3! Sometimes it will get stuck in the low 200's kpbs, then jump to near zero for a long period of time. I have used several speed tests to confirm it.

My ISP provider has tried every thing possible to find the cause of the problem and a solution and we both are at a loss. Below is what we have tried already:

1. Replaced old router with a brand new one. Both download and upload speeds worked perfectly for about one hour before the problems started again.

2. Changed ISP address with a different network because it was doing it on the other one. Again, the download speed was/is super fast with upload speeds in the 500's then it gradually dropped to the 200's again and again got stuck near zero again. It refuses to go higher.

3. Ran tests from the ISP provider server to my outside radio and my router and everything shows clear connections.

4. All wire connections from my computer to my router is still in new condition.

5. Virus scan was run and nothing was found.

Is there anyone out there who is a computer and wireless internet genius that might know why I am suddenly having super fast download speeds and almost zero upload speed?

Could there possibly be something wrong with my roof radio although all tests from the ISP home base show everything is working fine?

I would greatly appreciate any ideas!
    Thanks!

diamond362
    Dallas, TX
    :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds