What's For Dinner Tonight??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Anon-9aee479f8f, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

What's For Dinner on this cold day?

White Beans cooked with Ham in the Crockpot, Cornbread, and Blueberry Muffins. Good old home cooking!:yum

What's cooking at your house?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Lamb steaks and garlic mash, with carrots, peas and a red wine gravy.

3. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'm taking a day off from cooking, actually. We're having leftover hamburger steaks in tomato gravy over couscous.

4. Anon-9aee479f8f

I don't think I have ever had tomato gravy. May have to try that.

5. Bob D.

Bob D. Majorgeeks official old fart

Tuna salad sandwich and coffee.

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I just happened to go to the store and bought a Flank Steak to marinate in Veri Veri Teriyaki, which happens to be the best store bought teriyaki sauce. I'm going to roast some broccoli and have some rice as well. Simple, yet good. :)

7. Anon-9aee479f8f

I will have to look for Veri Veri at our local grocery. I like when someone recommends a good product because we all have an experience with buying something we ended up not liking.

Tonight it is Meat Loaf, Creamed Potatoes, and some of those White Beans and Corn Bread left from last night.

8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

kat...I'm not sure where you are, but it's pretty common in our grocery stores. If you have a Wegman's by you, they carry it for sure since that's where I got it today. If you do try it, let me know how you like it.

Your dinner tonight sounds great! I love meatloaf and everything else you have going with it.

9. Anon-9aee479f8f

Laura I live in the Middle of Nowhere.LOL I have never heard of Wegman's. The only grocery stores within 35 miles are Kroger, Walmart, Sam's Club, IGA and a few small local grocery stores. Of those Krogers would be my best bet at finding it. I'll take a look.

10. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I worked an ungodly number of hours today, so we're having leftovers again. But I made a fabulous chicken, leek, and white bean soup the other day, so I'll heat that up and probably add some Grands biscuits to go with it. I'll actually cook tomorrow.

11. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Beef Rogan Josh, Chicken Biryani Rice, Garlic Naan bread, Poppadums, Yogurt salad,etc. Eatin'. Indian, tonight.:drool

12. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

A Rally's burger. :cry

13. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I completely forgot I was going to point you toward the recipe! My brain = steel sieve. :-o

Hamburger "Steaks" in Tomato Gravy

14. Anon-9aee479f8f

Thanks. I might try this but use pasta instead of couscous.
    While on your blog I noticed the recipe Soft Molasses Spice Cookies. I am definitely trying those. Someone gave us a jar of homemade Sorghum Molasses and I was wondering what I could do with it but it might be good in cookies.;)

15. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Those are amazing cookies! I have to force myself to only make them at Christmas. LOL I've only ever used store-bought molasses, but I bet the homemade would be fantastic.

Tonight I baked some sesame-teriyaki salmon, served with baby peas and some frozen mixed vegetables. I meant to make other sides, but life didn't work out that way.

16. TimW

Subway. :(

17. Bob D.

chicken soup

18. TimW

But was it homemade?:yum

19. Bob D.

Yes. :yum:yum

20. DavidGP

Wow sounds nice, I love teriyaki sauce (was at a teppanyaki restaurant a few weeks back, awsome food) had a look here for that sauce, cannot say I've looked for it in our stores yet! but do note I can get it off amazon.

Tonight for me is Chinese crispy duck, pancakes n trimmings, fries, salad and vino

BobD, love home-made soup, just had for lunch home-made potato and leak soup

21. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Dinner tonight, home made Chinese. Chicken in oyster sauce, and prawns in dry sherry in light soy amongst other ingredients . Cooked in home grown red chillies, de-seeded but still hot. Boiled rice(long grained). Yum. And Johnnie black. I'm a boring drinker.:-D

@David, Peking Chicken with Hoisin sauce and condiments? :drool
    That I can eat every other day!!

Cheers

22. DavidGP

You and me both sikvik

Wow your chicken in oyster sauce, prawns in sherry sound really tasty, please post the recipe?

23. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Dave, Will post the recipe tomorrow, will have to take it from the better half.
    Cheers..

24. DavidGP

Indeed, I love a really good steak, fries, onion rings, salad, peppercorn sauce etc yummers :yum

25. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Only when out of the country. Don't get Beef here in India. Love medium rare and a extra side of pepper sauce.:drool Salad and a baked potato topped with sour cream.

From Davids Peking duck, I envision crispy skin and fat as an extra cut, then comes your steak ,I feel like forsaking my dinner!!

Cheers..

26. DavidGP

all this good talk on food I've now got a growly belly!

27. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Not since I've been cooking for my mother, who is on a ridiculously strict ultra-low-carb diet per her doctor. ;) We could do the steak and salad, but I can't afford the steak.

Tonight, however, I'm eating a couple of slices of pizza from Georgio's Pizza since it's around the corner from the arena and I'm working a hockey game.

28. Anon-9aee479f8f

One of my favorite meals. You would not think so but we can go to Texas Roadhouse and buy that meal almost as cheep as I can cook it. Plus no kitchen to clean up.:)

Being the picky eater that I am most of my meals would seem boring to many people.

Tonight's Dinner is a Chicken & Butter Herb Rice & Veggie Casserole:yum from the freezer. Few weeks ago I made two and put one in the freezer for a day like today when I do not want to cook.

29. Anon-9aee479f8f

Spaghetti With Meat Sauce, Salad, and Garlic Bread:)

30. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

31. Anon-9aee479f8f

Looks good! Have a question about the Asian garlic-chili sauce, not familiar with it, so wondering how different it is from regular chili sauce and do you think I could substitute that for it? I actually have a bottle of regular chili sauce left over from Super Bowl.

32. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

If you're talking about the bottled chili sauce that lives by ketchup at the store, it's WAY different. Asian chili-garlic sauce is a lot hotter (it's got red pepper flakes in it as well as garlic), and comes in a jar rather than a bottle. This one is huge, I usually buy it in a 4 ounce jar.

[​IMG]

You could probably get away with using the chili sauce you already have, just add about 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes and a minced clove of garlic.

33. TimW

Spanish omelet with biscuit and chips. ;)

34. Bob D.

Tuna sandwich

35. theefool

theefool Geekified

Dinner for tonight is garlic Shrimp. Was going to add a bit of Carolina Reaper, currently the hottest pepper, but sadly, I'm out of it. Going to instead add a bit of Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper. I tend to take my heat to extreme levels.

36. ownthree

ownthree Corporal

I believe we're having lentil soup with ham later. Some fruits for dessert.

37. Anon-9aee479f8f

musksnipe we grill year round on gas grill, just run out and turn the meat over and run back in the house.;)
    After the discussion here we went to Roadhouse a few days later. I order the 6oz Sirloin and husband ordered the 10oz Rib Eye, both cooked to perfection and came with huge Baked Potato, House Salad, and Fresh Hot Yeast Rolls.:yum We left with a box of rolls and the complimentary bag of peanuts. Total bill less than $22.00. Doubt I could of cooked it all for that. Plus, as I said before, no kitchen to clean up!:)

38. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Last saturday I bought a box (8 Kg) of Spicy Crumbed Chicken Breast Strips (cooked, but frozen) for R150. That's more than 17 pounds for less than $13!

And tonight we're having Spicy Crumbed Chicken (what else?) with chutney, home-cooked chips (fries), tomato & lettuce salad, and sesame seed rolls.

39. DavidGP

Tonight was good old Fish and Chips (well general fries and sweet potato fries.. I love those), with salad.

40. TimW

Tonight is dinner out.....avoid the Valentines rush tomorrow. LOL

41. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Work is interfering with my eating schedule again today, so I'll probably grab a sandwich and a deli salad from the grocery store (where I have to go on my way home from the hockey game). Can't cook all the time. ;)

42. Bob D.

I can't decide.

Ground beef patty and veggies.

Chicken breast and veggies.

Pork chops and veggies.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. :confused

43. Bob D.

Tuna Salad on toast.

44. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Last night was a train wreck from start to finish, and I was in a mood by the time I got to the grocery store. So...I ate a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy.

Tonight I brought dinner to work, so it was a peanut butter and honey sandwich, a fiber bar, and some vitamin water.

45. Anon-9aee479f8f

Sometimes you just have to!;) Chocolate ice cream is a great stress reliever.LOL

nac4ev you missed the key word "therapy". Don't think she is going to die from one night's splurge of ice cream. rolleyes Shoveling snow is a bigger threat.

46. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I think we can all live without your judgment, thanks.

47. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Exactly.

As my sister taught me at a very young age... If you're not financing, feeding, or f***ing me, your opinion is of no consequence to me.

If I ate a pint of ice cream every day for dinner, I might worry. But 99% of the time I cook ultra-low carb, low sodium, and low fat. I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten *any* ice cream in the last year.

48. TimW

:-d:-d:-d

49. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Darn it! I tried to take that back! :p

50. Anon-9aee479f8f

Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup.....Can you say Comfort Food?;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds