touchpad control click anoyance

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dt030, Feb 27, 2009.

1. dt030

dt030 Private E-2

guys, i've just got my new laptop which is great except for a really anoying trait - i'll try to explain as best i can.

i am having trouble selecting mulitple files using the "control" click.
    If i hold control and click straight away it will mutilple select.
    If i hold control, then move my mouse pointer (using the touchpad) and then click, it does not multiple select (it ignores teh fact that i am holding control)

it's very anoying, as it is natural to hold control and move the mouse about selecting the multiple files.......

i think that the issue is that there is some sort of control asigned to holding control and moving the pointer????? it's the only thing that i can think of.

i have dell laptop (studio 15), windows vista with a standard touchpad i have looked at the options but nothing looks obvious. the touch pad does have an area for zoom and scroll but i don't think that they have any affect.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. xmeister

xmeister Private E-2

Are you clicking ctrl with your finger on the touchpad or clicking ctrl and then touching the touch pad to move the pointer?
    Maybe your inadvertently clicking by tapping the touch pad.
    Does the the first item you select stay highlighted while the cursor is moving or does it unhighlight (word? :p) as soon as you start to move the cursor?

That's all I can think. Maybe try the touch pad options for sensitivity or look for any other settings that may cause it

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds