Can't remove windows live messenger essentials!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Amjad, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

Good day,

I just can't reinstall windows live messenger 2008 (8.5version) after uninstalling windows live messenger essentials (2009 beta).

Although the uninstallation went smoothly, but I still get a message that it is still in the system.
    I tried a lot of solutions, including ZapMessenger which is supposed to clean it completely from the computer, but it didn't
    Should it be removed from the registry manually? But I think there are hundreds of keys and clsids....so I don't think it's a practical solution.

Awaiting your reply...
    :(

2. Trussman

Trussman Private First Class

3. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

4. Amjad

Amjad Corporal

OK Trussman,

I did everything as explained in the article, but it didn't work!
    I can't believe that I have to reinstall windows just to remove this stupid Windows Live Essentials
    :cry

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using?

Give the Windows Installer Cleanup Util a go and look for any references to Windows Live applications and remove (note this app has the ability to remove many applications so do make sure you highlight only Windows Live apps)

Try Revo uninstaller to check if WL Essentials show up in the list, if not then as the application will by trying many uninstall routes could be fragmented and just one registry entry or file can block the install of an older version, so re-install WL Essentials 2009 beta (drastic step but gets you to a point in which some uninstallers will work).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds