Adding Virtual RAM or RAM from Disk Space

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hyphen, May 16, 2010.

1. Hyphen

Hyphen Private First Class

Other than ReadyBoost, is there another way to do this? I installed a program called DiskBoost which allowed me to set disk space as RAM but it was very problematic and actually ended up destroying one of my partitions. Is there any other method?

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

All you need to do is to configure the windows options to allow you more page file space. Here is a guide on how to do it: http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorial...t-6-Increase-the-Size-of-Your-Paging-File.htm

3. Hyphen

Hyphen Private First Class

Are there disadvantages (other than consumed disk space) of setting this high?

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

No, but there are no advantages either. Just set it to about 1.5 times the amount of RAM in the computer, and make sure both the minimum and maximum figures are the same otherwise windows will slow right down every time it tries to change the values.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds